Compile warning using additonal CFLAGS '-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -W'

i,

Ive just downloaded and compiled openldap-2.4.10, but when I add the
CFLAGS '-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -W' I get the following
warnings that may require further investigation of an developer :

- declaration of 'foo' shadows a global declaration
- cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
- missing initializer
- signed and unsigned type in conditional expression
- comparison between signed and unsigned
- comparison of unsigned expression >= 0 is always true
- comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is always false
- declaration of 'foo' shadows a previous local
- `foo' is deprecated; use `foobar' or `foo_r' instead
-

Perhaps this warrants some investigation by the developers ? Ive
attached the complete build log for the full details.

Regards,

John Smith.