Re: [Fwd: Re: --enable-smbk5pwd support]

Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Hallvard B Furuseth<h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no>  wrote:

How about recursive configure?  I think autoconf supports that.
./configure --contrib or --recursive would run contrib/configure, etc.
Still needs to add config stuff, but keeps dependencies out of the
main configure and doesn't slow it down for people who don't need it.

Well, the goal was to avoid autoconf hacking...

Keeping it in a nested configure script would be OK I think. One issue with that is we don't use a config-cache, so settings already detected by the top level script may not automatically propagate to the nested script.