Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd config.c

Howard Chu writes:
>Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>> One fix is to translate '-' to '_' internally in slapd.conf option
>> names, or to ignore both.
>
> In the primary keywords (argv[0]) we can do this easily enough; we can
> just provide table entries for the valid alternate forms. For
> secondary keywords, I don't think there's an easy way to do it
> uniformly.

I agree.

Come to think of it, one disadvantage of ignoring '-' and '_' rather
than treating them as the same: It somewhat increases the chance of name
clashes with option names in overlays.  These are typically prefixed
with '<overlay name>-', exactly in order to avoid name clashes.  Without
the '-' the initial letters of some unrelated slapd.conf keyword might
be the same.  A programmable overlay (e.g. a perl overlay) could even
claim all option names starting with '<overlay name>-'.

>> Inconsistent with ldap.conf keywords though.
>
> I don't see any pressing reason to change that.

OK.

--
Hallvard