Re: LDAP transactions

--On Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:00 PM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

I guess another approach would just be to have backglue fully serialize
all transactions; if only one is outstanding at any time there can be no
deadlocks.

This brings up a question about whether slapd in general should fully
serialize them. I was thinking, at the least, that we should only allow
one active transaction per connection, though that was mainly a matter of
convenience. Thoughts?

Syncrepl was untenable with non-serialized updates (which moving to delta-syncrepl helped with). Even in a standalone setup, I find that serializing the update process provides faster write times (at least with back-(bh)db) than allowing multiple update threads.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer