Re: Creating entries on the fly, destroying them when operation is over

Davor Ocelic wrote:
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:53:04 +0200
Davor Ocelic<docelic@spinlocksolutions.com>  wrote:

Hey folks,

In the search callback, I need to check whether an entry exists, and
if not, create it based on an another entry used as template.

Ok, got it. The last issue is:

When I've got the new entry created inside op_search handler, how do I
make it "persist" and end up returned to the client?

I've tried setting rs->sr_entry to the new entry and setting
rs->sr_err to LDAP_SUCCESS, but the entry is lost somewhere along the
way and it's not seen at overlay's exit.

The op_search handler can inspect and alter the request parameters, and do various things based on those parameters. But to return a temporary entry that won't be seen by the underlying backend, you have to call send_search_entry yourself.