[Date Prev][Date Next]
icu -- is it the "recommended" OpenLDAP unicode implementation?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: icu -- is it the "recommended" OpenLDAP unicode implementation?
- From: Xin LI <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:42:47 -0800
- Openpgp: id=18EDEBA0; url=http://www.delphij.net/delphij.asc
- Organization: The FreeBSD Project
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (X11/20080122)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I'd like to get an inquiry about the state of OpenLDAP's unicode
implementation. Recently there is some reports that the FreeBSD port of
OpenLDAP 2.4.x will pick up icu automatically if it is installed,
according to the configure script, it seems that there is no way to
disable this behavior (i.e. by --disable-icu or something similar), so
it seems that a patch will be necessary if the user does not want to use
So my question is that, is it recommended to use icu? I am thinking
about making icu an mandatory dependency of the port, but I guess it
would be good to ask the developers before making such changes :)
Xin LI <firstname.lastname@example.org> http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.4 (FreeBSD)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----