Re: RE23 testing

Michael Ströder writes:
> > Might that be caused by the missing "make depend" step?

If so make distclean (which he did use) would be broken.
There are hosts which don't provide a way to do "make depend".

> Any hint? Maybe something related to libtool?

Remove your CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS.  It's the -Wl,-R/usr/lib.
That worked in OpenLDAP 2.2 but has been broken since 2.3.4 (the first
2.3 release).  Links the libraries in /usr/lib instead of the ones you
just built.  Don't know if it's the Makefile or libtool.

I seem to remeber warnings in the gcc doc that you should not do
-I/usr/include either, it overrides gcc's special version of some files.
Or did, maybe they've worked around it since I saw that.

--
Hallvard