Re: slapo-constraint type uri: Constrained attribute used in LDAP URL

Michael Ströder wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:
Michael Ströder wrote:

Consider the following config for slapo-constraint in slapd.conf:

constraint_attribute ou uri
    ldap:///o=Test Company?ou?sub?(objectClass=organizationalUnit)

With this example the constrained attribute is the same like the one
used in the LDAP URL. Now how are entries handled which are search
results of the LDAP URL? In this example how to deal with new values of
attribute 'ou' in case of adding a new entry with object class
'organizationalUnit'?

I would expect the source data for the constraint to reside in a separate DIT, outside the constraint overlay's control.

IMO this would be a rather awkward requirement.

Let me restate: If "reside in a separate DIT" means a separate database this would be an awkward requirement.

I'd rather like to see another parameter which controls for which entries the constraints are enforced applicable within the same database. Similar to parameters unique_uri and/or unique_base of slapo-unique.

Ciao, Michael.