Re: managing OpenLDAP / back-config

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Indeed.  For most of my tasks, my editor is the best API I've got.
Or it would be if the task allowed it.

In recent version of web2ldap you can switch the input form when adding/modifying entries from HTML template to raw table to LDIF multi-line text field without loosing the changes you made in another form before.

Howard Chu writes:
(...)  On the command line, the only thing I ever wish for is a more
compact input format than LDIF.

ITS#5312 - ldapmodify defaults:-)

web2ldap has the capability to let you configure LDIF templates in a quick-list for adding new entries quickly. It ships with example LDIF templates for BDB backend configurations for OpenLDAP's back-config and HTML input form templates.

Maybe read page 19 and 20 of this:
http://www.openldap.org/conf/odd-tuebingen-2006/Michael.pdf

From my understanding ITS#5312 is not about attribute value defaults though.

Ciao, Michael.