Re: performance

Howard Chu wrote:
I found the final proof of this conclusion by tweaking slapadd to use
DB_PRIVATE when creating the environment. This option just uses malloc for the
BDB caches, instead of shared memory. I also ran with tcmalloc. This time the
slapadd took only 3:04:21. It would probably be worthwhile to default to
DB_PRIVATE when using the -q option. Since slapadd is not extremely heavily
threaded, even the default system malloc() will probably work fine. (I'll
retest that as well.)

Using glibc 2.7 malloc took 3:16:10, and I didn't bother to rerun the test multiple times. This figure is really not out of line.