Re: LDAP/Samba 4 summary

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 07:23 -0800, Howard Chu wrote:
> Christian Marg wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Linked attributes include member/memberOf, master/masteredBy and many
> >> others.  They are defined in the AD schema, and as far as I know, are
> >> strictly updated as a pair (they are not flattened memberOf listings,
> >> for example).
> > [...]
> >
> > Isn't that what slapo-refint(5) does? Maybe it needs some fine
> > adjustment, but from the manpage it sounds promising...
>
> The slapo-memberOf overlay is probably more useful here, as Ando already
> pointed out. But yes, we can take care of linked attributes, no problem.

Looking at the configuration, it seems this can only currently be
configured once - ie, for memberOf.  Am I missing how to configure it to
also handle an arbitrary number of other attributes?  Ideally I would
process the AD schema into a configuration file with these details.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/