Re: commit: ldap/doc/man/man8 slapindex.8

Howard Chu writes:
>Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>> Does slapindex by default not delete old indexes
>
> Right. It only adds new data by default.
> (...)
> In BerkeleyDB, you cannot use truncate mode with transactions. So in
> the default mode (without -q), back-bdb/hdb silently removes the
> truncate flag.  (Perhaps it should print an error and abort instead.)

Then the doc has been misleading all this time - "regenerating" the
index sounds like cleaning away any junk too.  So I suggest a louder
change:  Add a non-truncate option too, and warn if neither option is
used.  And a note in back-bdb(5) that removing (and maybe re-adding)
an index with cn=config does not clean away old index data.

--
Regards,
Hallvard