Re: ordered indexing for integers

Agreed that this would be a useful addition (I've run into/designed around this a couple times). To answer "is it a big deal that we lose binary compat with RE23," I don't consider that a strong issue at all. We always tell people to slapcat/slapadd as part of a release change, and this would be covered in that recommendation. My bigger concern would be what the 2.4.6 -> 2.4.7 (or whenever this hits) procedure would look like. i.e., are you proposing dropping read support for the RE23-style databases, so that a 2.4.6 -> 2.4.7 would require a 2.4.6 slapcat? Users might not be used to that.