Re: thread pools, performance

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Howard Chu writes:
Ultimately after several more repeated runs, AD peaked at 4800
auths/sec (a bit faster than the 4400 we saw before, apparently it
took a while for their caches to get fully primed). We then removed AD
and installed ADAM. The import went a bit faster this time,
thankfully: (...)

Are you collecting more info than the average time, e.g. standard
deviation?  Are there occasional requests that take very much longer
time than the average, or even auth failures because the server is too
busy?  At those speeds, that can be as important or more important than
the average time.

Yes, slamd records the standard deviation as well. There are no failures, just longer queuing delays.