[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: imporvement to slapo-constraint (ITS#4987)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: imporvement to slapo-constraint (ITS#4987)
- From: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 03:16:27 -0700
- Cc: OpenLDAP Devel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <200707072015.l67KFjSE092189@boole.openldap.org>
- References: <200707072015.l67KFjSE092189@boole.openldap.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; rv:1.9a8pre) Gecko/2007082216 SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre
Gavin Henry <email@example.com> wrote:
It would be best to move this dicussion to firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Summarry: I've added a new feature to slapo-constraint for constraining
a value attribute the the existing values of another attribute. The idea
is that you can have a catalog of allowed values (eg: for titles: Mr,
Mrs, Miss) and constraint an attribute to these values
Before working further on this patch (style, dod), I'd like some feeback
1) the way it's implemented: is there rought bugs, or is the logic fine?
I haven't looked at the patch yet.
2) configuration syntax: do we keep this one or do we swtich to
constraint-reference attr1 attr2
might be better.
For simple directives, it's better to use positional parameters and no tag words.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/