[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: OpenLDAP-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: BerkeleyDB again
- From: Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:07:13 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; rv:1.9a8pre) Gecko/2007082216 SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre
Our BDB detection macro has explicit checks for -ldb45, -ldb44, ... -ldb41
before falling back to -ldb4. So right now while I have db46 (and older
versions) installed on the system, RE24 configure picks the wrong library. I
think we should drop the link tests for minor version and only check for -ldb4.
Another alternative would be to move the db.h tests earlier and look for the
library that matches the header file version number.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/