Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/overlays dyngroup.c

Howard Chu wrote:

>> I thought this was going to be replaced by dynlist, whose
>> functionality it provides a subset.  Note that in HEAD dynlist can
>> also be instantiated under the name "dyngroup" (see obsolete names),
>> with the same configuration syntax.
>
> Hm, the last I remember we had agreed that dyngroup should continue to
> be used, since dynlist does a lot more than dyngroup needed. Did I miss
> something?

Well, at some point yes, because dynlist was doing compare in a less
efficient manner, but I think this has been fixed.  Otherwise, I would
have probably added back-config support earlier... not a big deal, just
wondering.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team