Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/back-bdb back-bdb.h index.c init.c monitor.c proto-bdb.h

Gavin Henry wrote:

> Is it possible to automatically creat indexes via slapd at runtime?

Yes.

> For example, some of the above hit a certain trigger level that is
> configurable, then an index gets created?

Yes, although perhaps not always advisable.

> Just wondering...

I also see this commit as a step towards a self-tuning database (like
the initial idea of publishing Berkeley DB stats via back-monitor), but
I don't think it's just around the corner.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.