Re: BDB 4.6 is out

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Tuesday, July 24, 2007 8:21 AM +0100 Gavin Henry <ghenry@suretecsystems.com> wrote:

<quote who="Quanah Gibson-Mount">
This release showed amazing promise in the past as the first release to
move to after 4.2 that showed real performance gains across the board.
Curious to see if the official release will hold up.
Are you going to do some nice benchmarks? ;-)

I'd like to. In true sleepycat fashion, they changed the API before the official release, which means someone (guessing Howard) needs to see what has changed to make it so that OpenLDAP works with it.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/db/ref/upgrade.4.6/win.html

This is a problem for the Windows version. I wonder why they changed it.