Re: 2.4 and contrib

<quote who="Howard Chu">
> Gavin Henry wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> We have a couple of overlays now in contrib ITS:
>>
>> http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Contrib?page=3
>>
>> Are these ever going to be looked at and included in a beta 2.4 release?
>
> Go ahead and look at them ;)

I have! ;-)

> Realize that contrib really is not actively supported by the Project. If
> you
> say "I built this with RE24 and it seems to work" then I guess we can
> include
> it, but someone else will still have to revisit it from time to time to
> see if
> it breaks in subsequent updates.

Sure, understood. I was just wondering if we have a procedure/checklist
for contributors so that they could prepare their patch or whatever for
inclusion.

I think contrib overlays should be standalone, i.e. seperate like
everything else in slapd-module with their own README and Makefile:

[ghenry@suretec contrib]$ ls slapd-modules/smbk5pwd/
CVS  Makefile  README  smbk5pwd.c

I'll reply via ITS to the latest contribs that look like they have catered
for cn=config etc. and get them to sort out a layout like above.

That sound ok?

If they don't get back to us, they don't get in ;-)

Maybe a wee FAQ item for this later or something on the main site.....

Gavin.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.