Re: (ITS#4991) pcache and rwm don't play well together

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 12:17, Ralf Haferkamp wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 June 2007 20:32, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
[..]

> > The design of slapo-rwm(5) is based on: do things as correct as
> > possible, but don't be too clever.  What you mean makes sense; however,
> > in most cases when slapo-rwm(5) is needed there are chances data has
> > some quirk.  So I'd leave an option whether or not to require strict
> > normalization (this option could be per instance, or even per mapping
> > rule).  In fact, slapo-rwm(5) needs to be tolerant about cases where
> > nothing is known about the source data, and mapping is sort of a hack.
>
> Ok, I will rework the stuff to have the possibility to enable/disable
> normalization.
After having been disturbed by other things I found some time now to rework my
patch to allow normalization of unknown mapped attribute types. The
normalization step can be enabled/disabled via
the "rwm-normalize-mapped-attrs" keyword in slapd.conf. Updates for the
rwm-manpage will follow shortly.

regards,
	Ralf
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
T: +49-911-74053-0