Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/back-perl SampleLDAP.pm

Hello,

Am 17.06.2007 um 06:53 schrieb Matthew Backes:
The new backend is not 100% compatible to the old backend
due to the lack of data sharing. This is a complex issue
but maybe solvable with the help of the mod_perl code.

But if we're changing APIs... please consider a more callback oriented system, at least for the search operation.

Taking 'send_search_entry' out wouldn't be that hard. I already changed the return format from string to a format more suitable for conversion to an entry and which avoids base64 for binary values. I don't see any more uses for callbacks. If you have suggestions on more uses let me know.

Last I looked at it, lots of time was wasted allocating and deallocating
memory for the search op return value. Returning one object at
a time with a separate call from perl back into slapd was a
huge performance win.

Good to know. I'll fix that.

Thanks

  -- Dagobert