[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#4991) pcache and rwm don't play well together
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#4991) pcache and rwm don't play well together
- From: Ralf Haferkamp <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 17:13:08 +0200
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <200705311218.l4VCIM9c056694@boole.openldap.org>
- References: <200705311218.l4VCIM9c056694@boole.openldap.org>
- User-agent: KMail/1.9.5
slightly related to the above ITS, I have found another issue. I am not sure
though if this is a bug or if the behaviour is intended. I have a setup here
were the pcache and rwm-overlay is used on top of back-ldap.
rwm is used to rewrite some Attributetypes unknown to the Schema of the local
server to Attributetypes that are defined in the local server. As the
attribute values from unknown attribute types cannot be normalized by the
proxy, I am wondering if rwm should normalize them during the Mapping
process? Otherwise the Values will endup un-normalized in the cache database,
and I get incomplete results when requests are answered from the cache.
I have a patch ready for this but I was wondering if the normalization step is
left out by intention and wanted to ask before commiting my patch.