Re: back-monitor and "" rooted DBs

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Quanah Gibson-Mount writes:
(...) IIRC, there have been issues in the past having "database
monitor" come before other database definitions.  I thought it would
be worthwhile to allow "database monitor" to be instantiated after a
'database ""' definition.  Thoughts?

Sounds OK if a bit inconsistent - which makes me wonder: Has back-config made it easier to allow databases to come in any order in slapcd.onf?

It can make things different, not sure that it's any easier. I.e., instead of doing suffix validation in the config entry point, you do it in the db_open entry point. That way you can configure multiple DBs as desired, but then error checking comes much later.