Re: Automatic code documentation: doxygen?

Gavin Henry wrote:
> <quote who="Howard Chu">
>> Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>>> I'm trying to automatically document OpenLDAP code.  Since I ha previous
>>> experience with doxygen and C++, which looks pretty reliable and
>>> versatile, I made some experiments, with less than encouraging results.
>>>

> Hey, I already asked this in Dec ;-)
>
> http://www.openldap.org/cgi-bin/wilma_hiliter/openldap-devel/200612/msg00005.html
>
> But obviously I didn't know much about the typedef stuff. Good work!

OK, I think I overlooked your message.  Usually, doxygen is not
something I use too much with code I'm used to.  But I had precise
requirements for browsable description of the sources, and just running
plain doxygen on OpenLDAP produces nothing really usable (for example,
it pretends ldap.h and slap.h are empty files...) minly because it gets
confused by the LDAP_P() macro.

I'm still checking if the results are complete, but now I've got
something working acceptably.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team