[Date Prev][Date Next]
libsasl alternatives: dovecot, tsasl, ...
- To: Gavin Henry <email@example.com>
- Subject: libsasl alternatives: dovecot, tsasl, ...
- From: Michael B Allen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:37:31 -0500
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <45BE22EA.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <45BC4738.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <45BD26EE.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <45BD340E.email@example.com> <45BE22EA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:38:02 +0000
Gavin Henry <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:38:54 -0800
> Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > We've talked about jettisoning Cyrus SASL in favor of "something else"
> > but there haven't been any other implementations worth considering. Feel
> > free to continue this conversation on the openldap-devel mailing list if
> > you want to pursue it further.
> Timo from dovecot, uses his own version, and has talked before about
> breaking it out. Might be worth a browse of the latest Dovecot RC.
I just inquired about Heimdal's "tsasl" (not currently included in
Heimdal). They are interested in a simpler sasl solutions as well. He
also mentioned dovecot.