[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: pthread rdwr locks
- To: OpenLDAP Devel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: pthread rdwr locks
- From: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:19:14 -0800
- In-reply-to: <4373ADD8.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <4373ADD8.email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061216 Netscape/7.2 (ax) Firefox/1.5 SeaMonkey/1.5a
Howard Chu wrote:
I just noticed that we're explicitly disabling support for native rdwr
locks in ldap_int_thread.h, and it's been that way since 2000. Any
reason not to use the native locks instead of our emulation routines?
At least on Linux the native pthread locks are faster than our emulation.
However, the glibc header files don't expose the phtread_rwlock_t definition
by default, and getting the definition exposed involves a bit of pain. I
haven't investigated on any other platforms.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc
OpenLDAP Core Team http://www.openldap.org/project/