[Date Prev][Date Next]
Lifetime and Documenting of LDAP_DEPRECATED, outside ldap.h
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Lifetime and Documenting of LDAP_DEPRECATED, outside ldap.h
- From: "Gavin Henry" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:11:17 -0000 (UTC)
- Importance: Normal
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.9a-1
We've been working on some LDAP client code for other Open Source projects
and most of them, as well as Linux Distros define LDAP_DEPRECATED to keep
the code working etc., as they haven't been updated for the new libs.
Is there a date set that LDAP_DEPRECATED will not be supported anymore?
And should we (docs team) put something on Faq-O-Matic (devel section), or
in the new devel guide (once an outline/template has been put in place)
that presents the "Best Practice" for updating their code?
Or should we leave it up to them to read over ldap.h, as Kurt put:
/* deprecated, please use foobar function */
T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).