Re: Cancel operation in RE23?

Michael Ströder wrote:
HI!

Is the cancel operation already supported in RE23?
It seems so (playing around with it with python-ldap).

But supportedFeatures in root DSE does not contain 1.3.6.1.1.8.

RFC 3909 states:

Servers SHOULD indicate their support for this extended operation by
providing 1.3.6.1.1.8 as a value of the 'supportedExtension'
attribute type in their root DSE. A server MAY choose to advertise
this extension only when the client is authorized to use it.
Correct, the SLAP_EXOP_HIDE should now be removed from re23, since the cancel operation is supported and now published as RFC 3909. Moreover, we do not provide mechanisms (as far as I know) to prevent non-authorized users from using it (should we?).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.