Re: HEAD and connection speed

Howard Chu wrote:
Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
I've been twiddling around with HEAD, since it supports BDB 4.5 and OL 2.3 doesn't, and noticed that when I do speed tests, HEAD is 66% slower than 2.3 (+ my patches from HEAD for connections). This seems interesting to me, since my connection code is largely from HEAD. In 2.3, I get 15,000+ auths/second on my 64 bit test systems, but with straight HEAD code, I only get 5,000 auths/second.

In both cases, the lightweight dispatcher code is enabled. Any thoughts on what else may be affecting HEAD? The configuration is very simple, just a small 250k bdb database.

I'm not seeing any slowdown against back-null, so it would seem to be BDB or back-bdb related.

Actually, there's no functional difference in back-bdb between HEAD and RE23. But I'm definitely seeing a 10% slowdown in HEAD vs RE23 now. Will have to profile it to see where the difference lies.

Interesting that I'm not seeing the same extremes as you; I'm getting 6600 auths/second on RE23, and 6200/sec on HEAD on my dev machine.