Re: HEADS-UP (Was: commit: ldap/servers/slapd bconfig.c slap.h)

Howard Chu wrote:
Any particular reason to toggle this? Seems like there's no point in turning it off.
If anyone searches anthing below cn=monitor, the search spans the whole subtree to see if any entry matches; this causes all times all the entries to be regenerated. I plan to make extensive use of custom monitoring (for example, one thing I've been asked to design is full monitoring of connections cached by back-ldap and back-meta as dynamic entries. When our proxies are under heavy load we don't want monitoring to cause issues because the connection tree needs be locked unintendedly by back monitor. I wonder whether ON by default might be a more appropriate option.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.