Re: better malloc strategies?

Howard Chu wrote:
As a first cut, I plan to recycle Entry and Attribute structures on our own free lists. That ought to reduce some of the general malloc contention, as well as some degree of the churn. Will be testing this in the next few days.
What about a set of macros that implement *_prealloc(), *_alloc(), *_free() based on the given type? This way, we could save lots of code duplication and (easily?) extend this to other types. I'm thinking of the time and fragmentation in libldap when used by the proxy backends...

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.