Re: LDAP load testing (Was: Re: slapd lightweight dispatcher)

Some results we've collected on various platforms are now posted on the Symas blog:

http://www.connexitor.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=49#body

This pretty much confirms what I observed before - a 32 bit server probably tops out at 1 million entries, due to memory requirements hitting the 4GB RAM limit.

Another interesting observation, the Itanium maxed out its RAM a bit sooner than the Sparc or Opteron. I'm not yet sure why that would be. We might try again with a newer kernel and see if that makes any difference

Looks like Opterons would be unbeatable if only you could install enough RAM.