Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/back-bdb add.c

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 01:36 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
Well, there's some uncertainty here. You'll note that modrdn also
requires write access to the children attr of the newsuperior, and uses slap_entry_root for the parent of the suffix already. And, adding
access to dn.exact="" attrs=children by <foo>write
fixes the test. I think this is actually the right thing, it makes everything consistent with no exceptions.

OK; this needs to be documented, though; I'll add it to slapd.access(5).

Also it's the same behavior you would expect if the database's suffix is "" ...