Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd slappasswd.c

[Pierangelo Masarati]
> What about a "-n" (much like "sophisticated" echo implementations)
> to avoid breaking existing usage?

Actually it's not simple vs sophisticated, but the SysV  echo "foo\c"
vs. BSD echo -n "foo".  Except today we've got such mixtures of SysV +
BSD that it is hard to tell.

[Aaron Richton]
> One could also consider the GNU ls dircolor model (--color=tty, the
> default): prettyprint to tty, straightforward output if redirected.

Cleartext passwords are not on my list of things I'd like to emphasize
on the screen:-)

--
Hallvard