Re: structure packing, alignment, etc.

> My inclination is towards maintainability over space. Others may
> disagree of course.

I'm also experiencing 64 bit related space issues on very large projects.
I'd vote in favor of rearranging/compressing stuff, unless readability is
destroyed.  Apart from few obvious constraints (e.g. "inheritance", like
in schema-related structures, where the ancestor structure must be at the
beginning, or "extensibility", like in GroupAssertion for the array of
DN), I believe in most cases member ordering is the result of quite loose
readability concerns, if any.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution