[Date Prev][Date Next]
structure packing, alignment, etc.
- To: OpenLDAP Devel <openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: structure packing, alignment, etc.
- From: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 00:28:31 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060427 SeaMonkey/1.5a
Anyone giving any thought to structure alignment issues in slap.h? Many
of the structs will have a fair amount of wasted space on a machine with
64 bit pointers but 32 bit ints. Likewise for stack usage with local
variables in most of the code. On past projects I've used rules like
"always declare variables in size order, largest first" but here we seem
to have things clustered by purpose.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc
OpenLDAP Core Team http://www.openldap.org/project/