[Date Prev][Date Next]
Escaping non-printable characters
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Escaping non-printable characters
- From: Luke Howard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 01:19:05 +1100
- Organization: PADL Software Pty Ltd
- Versions: dmail (bsd44) 2.6d/makemail 2.10
Apologies if this has been brought up before.
I think it might be useful to always escape non-printable characters:
#define LDAP_DN_NEEDESCAPE(c) \
- ( LDAP_DN_ESCAPE(c) || LDAP_DN_NE(c) )
+ ( LDAP_DN_ESCAPE(c) || LDAP_DN_NE(c) || !LDAP_DN_ASCII_PRINTABLE(c) )
It seems to me nicer to see them escaped rather than have the whole
DN base64 encoded, when presenting DNs using ldapsearch.
(The real reason is a replication interoperability issue with AD.)