Re: ITS#4261 replication

hyc@symas.com wrote:
While waiting for this patch to get cleaned up, I wrote this up to allow configuring the multimaster mode.

We're using multimaster for hot-standby support, and it's quite useful in that role. A few more tweaks would make using it even simpler: If we allow multiple URIs to be configured for a single consumer, then we can handle multi-way mastering/failover automatically, and we can use identical configs on all of the machines. (Each node just needs to compare URIs to the current table of Listeners and exclude itself from the list.) When identical configs are working, we can use syncrepl on the back-config database, and so an entire cluster of servers can be managed at once with no more effort than a single server.