Re: rs_modlist for modRDN

> We've an application where it would be useful to atomically attach
> some modifications (replication metadata) to a modify RDN request.
>
> I was thinking of adding a Modification list to oq_modrdn. This
> would also allow the frontend to handle setting the RDN value in
> the entry.

I have no objection, as those structures are only intended to provide a
clear interface between frontend and backends (and now overlays) for
internal purposes and do not need to strictly stick with the
specifications for a given op.  Make sure the interface is clean enough
(e.g. who's in charge to free the modlist if it's not null).

Ciao, p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team