need some help

Hallo everybody,

It looks like there is a couple of problems with component matching
module (see ITS 4112 and 4270). I have sent message to the email address
mentioned in the code <slim@OpenLDAP.org>, and got following back:

User slim (slim@us.ibm.com) not listed in Domino Directory

Therefore, may I ask you one several beginner's questions?

1) Is there any documentation about OpenLDAP server modules? I guess it
should be a DLL, which must implement particular well defined
interfaces. I guess at different stages of the request processing slapd
invokes these interfaces. Is it described somewhere? I suppose you will
tell me, that the best documentation is the source code. Could you
please nevertheless point me at that part of the source code?

2) Since I do not know yet what is OpenLDAP server module, could you
please tell me why <slim@us.ibm.com> has developed a module? Why not
overlay? What is the difference between modules and overlays? In your
opinion, should it be implemented as module or overlay?

3) Regarding ITS 4112 ... Could you please point me at source code which
shows, how this thing should be implemented from your point of view?

4) Do you know, why <slim@us.ibm.com> has chosen esnacc to decode BER
encoded ASN.1 structures? I know one project, namely
http://lionet.info/asn1c/, which seems to be in much better shape
compared to esnacc. And why he is writing that one should use esnacc
from OpenLDAP ftp server?

5) May I continue to ask such questions on this list?

Thanx a lot and best regards, vadim tarassov
--
vadim <vadim.tarassov@swissonline.ch>