[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: ber_int_options.lbo_valid ?
- From: Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:50:37 -0800
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20051027 SeaMonkey/1.1a
This field is gratuitously set to LBER_INITIALIZED throughout some
heavily used liblber routines. There appears to be only one place where
the value is ever checked (in ber_set_option). I'd like to remove
most/all of these references, as it's making my thread checker complain
about a (meaningless) race condition. Also this can't be a good thing to
do to a CPU cache, particularly on a multiprocessor system. OK?
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc
OpenLDAP Core Team http://www.openldap.org/project/