Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/back-ldap chain.c

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 02:19 -0800, Howard Chu wrote:
> > I'd like to hear if we are all (Howard, significantly, since he's a good
> > insight into that piece of code) fine with my fix: it's a "brute force"
> > approach.

> It looks like it is safe enough. I'm puzzled by the use of an additional
> SlapReply structure.

I don't exactly remember what test was failing without the extra
SlapReply, but I think it has something to do with the comment

        /* FIXME: I think rs->sr_type should be explicitly set to
         * REP_SEARCH here. That's what it was when we entered this
         * function. send_ldap_error may have changed it, but we
         * should set it back so that the cleanup functions know
         * what they're doing.
         */

in slapd/result.c:1173 because in some cases sr_type is being set to
something different by an intermediate response callback, and some
memory was leaking or so.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution