Re: [Fwd: commit: ldap/servers/slapd connection.c]

--On Tuesday, November 01, 2005 3:23 PM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Eliminating the 2nd level of ldap_pvt_thread_pool_submit when only a
single operation has been read from the connection brings the slapd-bind
throughput in HEAD back in line to the RE22 and RE23 range. Since
synchronous requests are so common this is a pretty important
characteristic to preserve, and for whatever reason that 2nd call into
pool_submit really throws latency out of whack.

With this latest change, I found HEAD to only be 1.5% slower than OL2.3.11 for READs. I found no performance gain at all with HEAD as I increased the number of querying clients -- Rates dropped off the same as they did in 2.3.11. So this may prevent connections from being deferred, but it doesn't appear to allow any more work to be done, at least where READs are concerned.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Engineer