[Fwd: Re: (ITS#4108) LWL causing core dumps in HEAD]

I note that the code in HEAD now is noticably slower than RE23 or RE22, and far less consistent.

Using the slapd-bind program against RE22 or RE23 I can consistently get 10000 binds across a 100Mbit ethernet in 7-8 seconds. On localhost it only takes 2.6 seconds.

Using HEAD, localhost takes 3-5 seconds. Across 100Mbit ethernet the time varies from as low as 10 seconds to as much as 45 seconds. (And there are only 3 machines on this network, no other activity.)

Some of the slowdowin is probably due to the double pool_submit that occurs for read events...