Re: TLS dumping core

On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 07:40:57PM -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> At 10:42 AM 10/16/2005, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> >Suggest you file an ITS will appropriate details (including
> >back traces)...  I have not yet attempted to reproduce this
> >yet, simply don't have time at the moment (hence the
> >suggestion).
>
> I believe this to now be fixed...  you need not file
> an ITS unless you believe otherwise...

No, the problem is still there. The simplest way to replicate is:

(1) /opt/openldap/libexec/slapd -h ldaps:/// -d 255
(2) telnet localhost 636
(3) "^] close" to disconnect.

Just in case I am doing something stupid, I was hoping that some OpenLDAP
developer would take a few seconds to try to replicate it themselves, and
then they can raise an ITS with more authority than one from me, or else
point me in the right direction. I thought that was the point of a mailing
list - to discuss.

Stuffing a problem into ITS seems to be a very one-way mechanism:

"You have entered the system as a guest user. While you can browse existing
reports and submit new reports, you will not be able to modify any existing
report or access non-guest features"

(and I can't see a link to be able to create an account; the words 'create'
or 'account' do not appear on the help pages)

Regards,

Brian.