Re: PATCH: back-sock

Howard Chu wrote:

> To me the notions of "externally scripted module" and "production use"
> are mutually incompatible. You use a scripting backend to prototype an
> interaction, and if it needs to perform well in production use you
> rewrite it in C.

This is not generally true. Some web apps out there being hit very hard
are not implemented in C. Think of Apache and FastCGI/SCGI talking to
long-running apps via local socket or TCP/IP. The apps are often
implemented in so-called scripting languages. As always it depends on
the quality of the code.

I like the idea of back-sock.

Ciao, Michael.