[Date Prev][Date Next]
Faster slapadd in presence of multiple indices?
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Faster slapadd in presence of multiple indices?
- From: "Pierangelo Masarati" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:00:33 +0200 (CEST)
- Importance: Normal
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.3a-1
I haven't investigated this issue yet but would exploiting multiple CPUs
allow faster slapadds (with -q, i.e. with less consistency checks) if, for
instance, the entry and the indices are generated concurrently? Much like
the ancient ldif2index. This comes from the consideration that on the
machine we're testing giant slapadds, we have 75% to 87.5% of the CPU
Does anybody see any big stopper to this approach?
SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax: +390382476497