[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: ITS#3900 olcDefaultSearchBase: value #0: <olcDefaultSearchBase> invalid DN
- To: Samuel Tran <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: ITS#3900 olcDefaultSearchBase: value #0: <olcDefaultSearchBase> invalid DN
- From: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:16:49 -0700
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, openldap <openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org>
- In-reply-to: <42EEA603.email@example.com>
- References: <1122471427.12930.8.camel@mistral> <42E7EA0A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <42E88BD9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <42EEA603.email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050621
Samuel Tran wrote:
> In this instance we may be able to do something simpler, and only
> move the olcDefaultSearchBase attribute out of the olcGlobal
> object, as it appears to be the only thing in olcGlobal that
> depends on runtime-loaded schema. Moving it to the frontendDB
> object may be the most convenient solution.
Will there be a patch to fix this issue in 2.3.5?
The patch in CVS HEAD moves this attribute to the frontendDB object. I
don't see any reason for the patch not to appear in 2.3.5. Look for
ITS#3900 in the list of Changes when 2.3.5 is released, to verify.
How soon you think
2.3.5 will be released?
I have no idea. It was primed to go a few weeks ago, and then a slew of
bug reports and patches came in, so I think it will take some time to
integrate all of the new patches into the Release branch.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc
OpenLDAP Core Team http://www.openldap.org/project/