[Date Prev][Date Next]
"optimal" thread number on SMP architecture
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: "optimal" thread number on SMP architecture
- From: Pierangelo Masarati <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:22:21 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050524 CentOS/1.7.8-220.127.116.11.centos3
It appears that a rough rule of thumb yields 16 * nCPU as the optimal
thread number. I've some code that tries to detect the number of CPUs,
we could use it to choose the default if not set in slapd.conf. I'm
considering a rough algorithm like "threads = min( 16 * nCPU, 64 )".
Would this qulify for inclusion?
SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax: +390382476497